Saturday, June 26, 2010

My First Weekend!

Ok, so I wanted to record how its going before I actually weigh in on Monday, so I won't be biased one way or the other when I tell how the program has gone so far. Although of course...I AM doing it for the results, not for the medifast food, so Monday I will definitely record how it went!!!

I have tried many diets over the past several years and tried different healthy lifestyles, exercise plans, etc. And when I tried them all, I thought of it as "for the long haul," not just a short time, so on weekends or special occasion or vacation or whenver I felt deserving, I would fudge/splerge/treat myself/etc. Which is necessary to have a healthy relationship with food I think (for the long run)...everything in moderation! However, the first day of my medifast I just realized this "diet" that I'm on now, as of this moment I only plan to do it for 5 weeks, thats only 35 DAYS!!!!! So I have to make EVERY DAY count!!! No room for splurges or getting off track, if I want to get past this set point in my weight, I have to take it seriously!

So, with that said, I have followed the schedule strictly the first 5 days, and this is my first weekend. The week was surpsisingly easy, given the lack of decision making. I just took a handful of Medi packets to work every day (most of them you either mix with hot water: cocoa, oatmeal, soup, or you mix with cold water: shakes, pudding, etc, or a protein bar). It is definitely taking my body some time to adjust, which from what I read and what my health coach has said is right on track. Your body adjusts to the lower calories, and then starts turning to your stored fat for energy. They say the first week can be tough, but once your body adjusts, you'll be an energetic, fat burning machine :) The idea that exercise is NOT suggested is different for me, however I think in the past I have put more effort on the exercise portion of the "diet and exercise" equation, and all trainers say that diet is a much bigger slice of the fitness pie than exercise. And once I adjust I'll ease into moderate exercise (more relaxing than draining stuff! which I'm excited about!).

Anywho, the food has been absolutely fine to me without any added seasonings and sweetener (I really enjoy drinking my hot cocoa), but I'm pretty used to "diety" kind of foods (the protein shakes taste like protein shakes..but pretty good ones!). My health coach has all kinds of suggestions for spicing up soups and adding cinammon and truvia to the pudding, coffee to the mocha shakes, etc.

RECAP: First week has been good, def an adjustment, love the non decision making. Food is pretty good. Have felt sleepy during the day more and have been dizzy a couple times when I stood up, and have had a headache. All things they tell you is going to happen in the first week, and none were too extreme, also I could have had a few extra snacks that I didn't. Not sure if the side effects were worth it yet bc I have no results...I'll tell you Monday morining!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment