Monday, July 5, 2010

2 Weeks Down!

Today was my second weigh in! I lost 1.6 pounds and I'm so satisfied bc it is not a good time of month for me to be weighing...ladies, I'm sure you feel me! Plus, I feel really adjusted after 2 weeks, and am going to start getting back to the gym- I'm pumped!!! I visited some friends in Belton for the 4th of July wknd, and there was so much yummy food around, and I was surprisingly satisfied with my program. Sometime during the weekend I realized, any other holiday weekend with so many amazing food options, I would have been stuffed the entire weekend!!! (and when its hot out, and your on the lake in a bathing suit, it just feels so much more enjoyable to have refreshing snacks throughout the day). I know this isn't really a fast, and it definitely can't be considered a spiritual fast, but much like a fast, it really takes the focus off food and allowed me to enjoy more important things this weekend (like awesome friends and the beautiful surroundings!). I think this program could really help with my emotional attachment and just down right addiction to food, AND....I think I'm going to do it 3 additional weeks (so far!). I was only planning on doing 5 when I started, but its going really well, and my mom is starting it next week, so I think I'll do it all the way through her first order (5 wks) and we'll see from there! (I think I could possibly be at my ultimate, never thought I would reach goal by then, CRAZY!!!)

2 comments:

  1. WOW KAtie you are doing awesome!! I see that Michelle is getting on it too. HOw exciting it has to be to actually have that goal weight at your fingertips!! I am having many of the same realizations that you are being on the program. I told Michelle that there is a book that I am reading that is helping a lot too. Its called Women, Food, and God. I'm a couple chapters in and its super helpful! Keep it up girlie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!! I can't wait to hear about the final say on your first week!! Yayyy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete